Monday, September 21, 2009

...And they lived happily ever after...

It's amazing to think that we have officially been married for a year and a month now! It seems like just yesterday we stepped off the plane from our honeymoon in Mexico. We have have had such an awesome first year together, filled with lots of trips and memories. It's neat to see how much both of us have grown individually as well as a couple. 
Like clockwork, we received our anniversary "gift" just in time to celebrate. It happened to come in the form of two pink lines... That's right...a BABY! Despite the positive result, I was skeptical so I took another test... and then another one. By that time I figured the results were pretty certain. Any doubts I had left were definitely obliterated by my newfound friend, Morning Sickness. Which is kind enough to be with me morning, afternoon, night, and yes, even when I sleep.
We experienced the first ultrasound a week ago, and finally got to see our little "Peanut" for the first time. (yes, it already has a nickname. haha). It was healthy, perfect size, and had a perfect heartbeat. It was such a neat feeling, it's hard to describe. I have felt the baby inside me for the past few months now, but being able to see it move on the screen in front of me was surreal. I just kept staring at it in awe. It was such a relief when that image showed up on the screen, confirming that there was in fact a healthy baby inside of me, and moreover that it was ONE healthy baby, not two. Haha. (I had a dream a day before I went in for the ultrasound that the doctor heard two heartbeats!)
I tease Jared all the time that he has "sympathy symptoms". He mysteriously seems to share my fatigue, feel "sick", get headaches, and has an increasing appetite. I just attribute it to him being such a good husband. He is taking on my pains for me
:-) lol.
I am so excited for him to be a dad because I know he is going to be a natural at it. He is so good with kids, it amazes me! 
It's about time for me to be getting back to work but we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie,
    I am so glad you commented on my blog - now I know you have one as well. It will be nice to keep up with you guys more regularly. We are excited for you. The second trimester really does seem to be better. You guys will be such great parents. Your baby is due exactly on month from ours! I am excited that we are going to have 3 babies in the family that are close in age. I loved my cousins growing up and since it will be a long while before our baby has any cousins from Trevor's side and since Lacy is my only sister even of child-bearing age I am really happy your little bundle of joy will be able to hang out with ours at the reunions. Hang in there. It really does get better.

    ReplyDelete