Tuesday, September 18, 2012

supermom is a myth

I am exhausted. Nothing in this world can prepare you for a toddler boy. I hardly sit down from 7am - 7pm while Jared is gone at school (and let's be honest, it's not like I get to sit down after he gets home either).
All you people wondering when the next baby is coming... I don't know. Truthfully there are days where I don't think I have it in me. And we all know I'm not meant to be one of those women with 5 children running around and 1 on their hip. No no no no... If that's what floats your boat, I fully support it - but I fear I would have a nervous breakdown.
Running around doing what everyone BESIDES yourself wants is hard. When do we get to relax? Where is that moment on the movies when the husband walks in and says "honey you must be so tired, why don't you go take a load off?" When can we do something as simple as showering or going to the bathroom in peace? And WHEN did a grueling run (while pushing a 40 pound jogger with said toddler in tow) become considered our break?


*Note to any men reading (of which there is none- besides you grandpa) : just because we don't leave to school or "work" in the morning doesn't mean we work any less hard. It's mentally and emotionally exhausting in a way you'll probably never experience. We do nothing, yet everything at the same time.

I love being a mom more than anything in the world. I don't mean to give the wrong impression. When i see that infectious smile of pure joy light up Emmett's face, every single second is worth it. But somedays it's hard.
And to anyone out there that says otherwise... I'm calling your bluff.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. Very honest and very real. And I feel the same way as you do. I'll never be the mom with 5 kids, all 18 months apart. It works for some and not for others and I've come to realize that's perfectly ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cassie, I could not agree with you more!! I had to laugh at the pushing a stroller weighing in at 40lbs. considered our BREAK, haha, I think I will add and with the child screaming the WHOLE TIME! Oh the joys of being a mom:) Sometimes it is just plain hard and that is OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love everything you said. So so so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha Love this! I am calling your bluff. I must say my very very busy toddler kills me most days. I still have him take a nap everyday though which is my saving grace! I thought having 2 so close in age would kill me, but as the months have rolled by, I am still alive and happy most days :) We are in a groove, which has made it feel somewhat easy most days.

    Don'f feel bad about not wanting to have a tribe of children, you do what is best for you, your family, and your body! But i will say when Max started saying Noah's name, and was recognizing thats his brother, and bring him toys and whatnot...those moments make the utter exhaustion worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH girl it is so hard! and busy! and tiring! and... ok, ok I'll be more positive, Honestly I feel like it was harder being a mom to one than to two kids, especially since they just play together and I have all sorts of free time to sit on pinterest and avoid my other motherly/wifely duties! But seriously some days/ weeks are just hard! You are so cute and i'm positive a fabulous mama!

    ReplyDelete