Saturday, June 8, 2013

some like it hot

Lucky for me, I'm one of those people - because we sure got HOT! And I've actually been loving it so far. We're just coming up on the real scorch season, so it hasn't been too bad yet. Though I do say my prayers daily neither my car or my air conditioner goes out! Haha.


We've been settling into our new home in Gilbert, AZ well and are beginning to feel more like its "home". Especially now that I've located the basics - Target, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Trader Joes, the community pools (even though we have our own!), the library etc etc etc. And the best part is everything I could want is within 5-10 minutes! (Besides Nordstrom Last Chance, which is AMAZING - its about 30). It's crazy how many amenities/activities are here.

Here's a brief look at our cute little neighborhood. The house is still a work in progress, so you only get to see the outside for now!


There's little lakes all throughout our subdivision where you can feed ducks, fish, or float if you have a pontoon boat. Here's the one right across from us.


and a little glimpse of the neighborhood. Greener than you pictured Arizona, huh?



Emmett loves walking to the lake and just hanging around. Im having a bit of a difficult time convincing him we don't need jackets and boots anymore... Guess this little guy isn't very used to summer! Despite the heat he'll still sometimes insist on leaving the house with a jacket or his Hunter boots!



Our first weekend here we hit up a local Peach Festival which was tons of fun! There was a little farmers market, U-Pick Peaches, every type of peach delicacy you could imagine (From peach chipotle, peach syrup, peach salsa and grilling sauces, even peach gummy bears!), Pony Rides, and even their own bakery.

At the bakery you could buy baked peach goods and homemade peach ice cream. We tried a peachy cinnamon roll which was sooooo goood. It was like peach cobbler and a cinnamon roll had a delicious baby. Our friends, Terry and Whitney, tried the ice cream and said it was amazing as well.




Of course we had to ride the wagon out to the farm to pick some peaches!



Emmett turned out the be best little worker of all! He sure put in a hard days work under the sun ;)




These peaches were incredible - quite possibly the best I've ever eaten. So big and soft and juicy! Here's our peach train.



After a strenous twenty minutes out in the fields, a tired red-faced litte guy rode back on the wagon with a bagful of fresh goods!


(No, he's not sunburnt just hot - partly due to the big rubber boots he insisted on wearing!) 

We had so much fun and will definitely be returning next year!! Although next year I'm planning ahead and going with more money to spend! I'm still kicking myself for not buying the peach syrup for my Sunday morning pancakes! 

This post is getting really long so I think I'm going to end it here, but be expecting more AZ adventures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment