Sunday, November 9, 2014

...and then my baby turned one

 Emmett pulled out a blog book I published a couple years ago this morning and it was so neat reliving so many memories and moments I'd forgotten (and sharing ones with Emmett he wasn't even around for yet!) And I kicked myself thinking Poor Tate, he's hardly made on appearance on here. So I'm going to dedicate this post to all things Taters.

We celebrated Tate's 1st birthday in both Idaho AND Utah which was so awesome! Not only were we able to party with both sides of the family, but also some of my very best friends. I love that even though we've been spread out, my college roommates and I have been able to be at so many big events for each other (baby showers, birthday parties, holidays etc).  Celebrating a special day is 100 times better when you're celebrating with loved ones!

The Idaho Celebration


And here's his birthday party in Utah




 





That's a whole lot of partying!!! Tate may be lacking on the blog presence but he can't say we neglected his birthday! (Is it sad that I'm so used to  my iphone, my writing feels incomplete without emojis?? Anywho...)

Tate is such a sweet, tender hearted baby. He's a momma's boy and he thinks big brother is the absolute coolest. The first thing he does when he wakes up in the morning is look for Emmett - if he's asleep he runs and throws himself on him, and if he's awake he squeals and takes off to join him.

He LOVES to eat and will eat anything, In fact I have to stop myself from creating a "golden boy" because every night when I'm trying to get Em to eat his dinner (yes, EVERY night, the boy refuses to eat), I say "Look, Tate ate all HIS dinner, and he likes it." If anyone in the house is eating ANY thing at ANY given moment, Tate can sense it and will be at your feet begging like a puppy dog in seconds. Drop any on the floor on accident? All the better, he'll gladly pick it up. If you don't share, his begging quickly turns to a meltdown - which will continue until he's given food. And it has to be the food you're eating, you can't pull the wool over his eyes.

He does NOT like when Emmett takes something he had first, and uses me as his attack dog. He gives me "the look" or comes running to me babbling his complaint, then looks at Emmett like "You weren't supposed to do that and now you're gonna get it!" The antics between these two are downright hilarious. They're just two little best friends.

Happy first birthday Tate, I can't imagine our family without you and I love you to pieces!!! Now just stay little ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment