Thursday, January 7, 2010

Help!! I don't recognize that person in the mirror!


I don't like looking in the mirror anymore. It kind of freaks me out because I honestly don't really recognize the reflection of my face. I stare at it for a few seconds... then try to smile to see if that helps. Nope, the smile definitely makes it worse. It emphasizes my swollen cheeks, and makes my eyes look even smaller! Ahhh! Im terrified what I'm going to look like in three months from now! I can't believe that's all I have left. But each day that goes by, three months is seeming longer and longer!

Even when I leave the bathroom mirror, I can't escape this new, foreign body that seems to have taken me over. I look down at my feet (it takes some work to even see my feet), and get startled for a second because both my ankles look they have been broken. My ankles are swollen, my feet are swollen, and they are topped off with swollen toes. Then I remember... they are not broken, this is just my lovely new figure. I attempt to put on my ring in the morning and some days it ends with the realization, "Nope, this isn't going to fit today."

My appearance is not my only gripe. I feel uncomfortable most of the time. I don't know how much bigger this baby can get, it already feels like there's not enough room for him in there! It's impossible to try to lay down and sleep comfortably. Something jabs my rib, my bladder, or some other internal organ no matter what position I'm in. It's actually more comfortable for me to sit up than to lay down. A few nights I have found myself tossing and turning in bed, debating if I want to go back out to the couch and try to fall asleep in more of an upright position.

I am so tired of throwing up! It doesn't even phase me anymore. I just get up and run to the bathroom, as if it is part of my daily schedule.

I am so excited for our little bundle of joy, and can't wait for him to get here. But I look forward to the day when it doesn't feel like an alien life form has taken over my body :-)

3 comments:

  1. Jared and Cassie-
    We just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you! We are praying with you! Everyday is a new day:)Neil sent a photo from his phone. Peanut is beautiful! Love ya Aunt Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared and Cassie,
    We just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for you Cassie and for the little guy! Hang in there over these next few weeks. You have lots of wonderful support. Take care. Love you guys. Kim and Sean

    ReplyDelete