Saturday, March 13, 2010

Latest Haps


Emmett turned 2 Months old yesterday! Here are some bullets of his latest progress:
  • Moved into a big boy bed! (open crib), but got a little sick and got put back into the isolette. Probably will return to his crib really soon.
  • Wore clothes for the first time (cutest thing I've ever seen!)
  • Made it off the ventilator and back onto the CPAP
  • Now eating "full feeds" for his current weight
  • Switched from CPAP to NASAL CANNULA!!! (Can you tell I'm SO excited? He's practically breathing on his own! I was so happy that day I cried!)
  • Makes cute little baby/grunting noises while he's sucking on his binki
  • Eyes were checked again and they are vascularized! The Doctor doesn't even have to look at them again while he's in the NICU!
  • Had his Broviac (central line) removed
  • Smiled for the first time (He was just sleeping, but it was the first time I've seen a real smile on that adorable little face!)
  • Still LOVES being held. His little hands are getting smarter and he loves to reach up and hold pieces of my hair. The other day the nurse tried to come get him and put him back in bed, but we could not get him to release his death grip on my hair! It cracked me up. It was if he was saying "If you wanna take me away from my mom, you're gonna have to pry her from my kung fu grip!" lol. He ended up with a couple pieces of my hair...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! We have been praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie- he is ADORABLE! All those little things are SO rewarding, huh? I used to laugh at people who got really excited about their kid doing little stuff but now I understand that it really is quite the accomplishment- plus they are just so darn cute! I can tell you are an amazing mom! Congrats on reaching two months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has the most beautiful eyes. I love his picture in his little outfit, he is so cute. I can't wait for you to bring him home. He is such a strong little baby boy. I LOVE his fighting spirit. You definitely have reason to celebrate, he is a true miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Emmett with his eyes open! What a sweet boy he is. He seems to be getting stronger and stronger. We think of and pray for you guys often. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

    ReplyDelete