Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Camper

The other day I layed Emmett down under his Baby Einstein Playgym, and he was in awe. He LOVES to look at things, and his arms go crazy trying to reach them! He looks like such a big boy in these pictures! He really loved that whale lying next to him. He stared him down for a good long time.


Emmett is such a curious, smart baby. He loves to listen to music. I bought him some "rock-a-bye" baby lullabys, which are lullaby renditions of popular rock songs. It seems that his favorites are "Hotel California" by the Eagles, "The Scientist" by Coldplay, and "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Anytime he's upset, no matter how hard he's crying, I turn on one of those songs and it immediately subsides! He also prefers Bach as far as classical composers go. He's a man who knows what he wants. He's definitely inherited his parents love of music.
We have also discovered he LOVES to be next people. Even if he's asleep and you're not holding him, he wants to sleep in his boppy pillow RIGHT next to you. He doesn't want to be put in his bassinett or bouncer, and he knows if you try to pull a fast one on him. The other night I was writing thank you cards and tried to set him in his bouncer while he was sleeping. He realized a few minutes later I wasn't there anymore and started to fuss. I ended up pulling up a chair right next to the bouncer and writing my cards right next to him, and he settled right down and fell back asleep. I didn't even touch him, give him his binki, etc. I just went and sat next to him. That's all he wanted. haha. After spending the first three months of his life alone in a hospital bed, I don't blame him one bit. So I let him be next to me as much of the day as possible. And he is a happy camper! He is the sweetest little love, and I just can't get enough of him.

1 comment:

  1. Cass, Do you have a bjorn or a sling. I have two great options if you want to borrow one or both. Let me know and I will bring them June!! Like 5 weeks away. YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete