Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sayonara NICU!!

Finally the day arrived!! It felt so surreal. I told Jared on our drive over there that I felt like I did the morning of our wedding - Giddy with excitement over this life-changing event I knew was taking place. Butterflies were having a hayday in my stomach. I knew our lives would be different from that day forward and I couldn't be happier about it. I spent 93 LONG DAYS trekking back and forth to the hospital and crossing day by day off the calendar. I had my share of sleepless, nervous wreck nights where I broke down and called the nurse at 2 in the morning to check how Emmett was doing. Now that he's home my nights are still sleepless, but in a much happier, satisfying way! It actually makes me appreciate when he wakes up at 3 am crying to be fed.

Here's a picture I took of Jared holding Emmett our last night there. I love his clear, sparkling eyes! That look just makes my heart melt!

Emmett's last feeding at the hospital!!

His "Coming Home Outfit"

Folded Hands :-)

Pure Bliss

The Happy Family


All loaded up and headed for the door!


This is Carly, one of our favorite NICU nurses. Yes, I look like a giant next to her. Haha. She took great care of Emmett and we are SO thankful for her and ALL our amazing nurses and doctors. All of them have played such a major role in our lives and we will never forget them.

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy that Emmett finally made it home. Jared and you are such a great example to me of being patient and enduring with faith. You two took a very difficult situation and became stronger and more united. You have been greatly blessed. You have a beautiful baby boy. Congratulations! Emmett is a Star and we love him so much. You are an awesome family! We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you did 93 days in the NICU! I did 7 and thought I was going to break down both physically and emotionally! I bet you cried when you walked in the door with Emmett! Now that you have all that free time without having to run back and forth to see him, I am sure you are discovering a whole new side of him! I am so happy for you. You make an amazing mom and we cannot wait to meet little Emmett!

    ReplyDelete