Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best Two Years... (So Far)


This past Sunday, August 22nd, marked Jared and I's two year Anniversary!
(Sidenote: That's 2 for 2 years that we have spent our Anniversary at Family Reunions, so all you fam out there reading this...mark this day on your calendars!) haha.

We had a really great weekend up in Idaho, which is definitely worthy of its own post so I won't give out the details just yet!

It's so crazy to think it's really already been two whole years. I feel like our wedding was just 6 months ago! But then I think of all we've done/accomplished/been through.... and then I think... How does that all fit into 2 years?! 

Here's the noteworthy things that happened since we tied the knot in 2008: 
  • I began working my first post-college job for the City of Rexburg, working in the Building Dept/Planning & Zoning (I actually started about 4 months before we got married, but it still played a huge role in our first years of marriage)
  • We decided together that Civil/Environmental Engineering was a better fit for Jared than Business, and changed his major
  • We were called as Nursery leaders in church where we stayed for about 1.5 years! (way too long for Nursery! haha)
  • We found out I was pregnant right around our first anniversary!
  • Jared got accepted to transfer into BYU's Engineering program for Winter 2010
  • We did our first move together as a couple, and packed up and headed down to Cougartown (aka Provo)
  • Shortly thereafter, we found out I was pre-eclampsic and was admitted to the hospital
  • 4 days later our miracle baby, Emmett Jared Erickson, was born at 1 pd, 15 oz
  • We survived 3 months of being in the NICU, and developed an even deeper bond with one another
  • We brought little Emmett home to the new apartment (which until then WE had barely spent any time in either!)
  • Jared got his first summer job related to his field at the Department of Natural Resources
These past two years have been amazing, and we've both grown in so many ways. I love you Jared, and I'm so glad to have you as my best friend! I look forward to all the many wonderful years to come!

2 comments: