Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cardio Disaster

Yesterday I went to the gym to do my usual run, and headed to the Cardio Cinema as always. I love the surprise of seeing what movie is playing, and usually leave feeling like "I wouldn't have picked that movie out at home, but I'm glad it was on because I'm really into it and want to see the end!"

Yesterday wasn't one of those days.

I start the run not paying very close attention to the screen, and surmise that it looks like some type of war movie. Then....I realize what it is. CLOVERFIELD.

Seriously? Is this some bored gym worker's idea of a sick joke? If you haven't seen Cloverfield... DON'T. Think Blair Witch style filming, simulating a handheld cam - shaking all over and getting shots of peoples feet and occasionally some faces. On top of that, it's about some unknown alien/monster attacking New York and wiping out the city, so mostly what you see/hear, is the feet of mass amounts of people running around and screaming while explosions go off all around them. Think of this playing on a giant screen in front of you, while you are attempting your run. Can you talk about Headache?

Here are a couple shots to give you an idea (keep in mind, they are not moving and thus are far less blurry than the movie).


I try to get a break from the dizzying scene in front of me, and look down to my treadmill to check my distance. Turns out I got on the treadmill that is missing a peg or something under the right side, which causes the display to jiggle just enough to appear blurry. Lucky me. But I am OCD about running until I see my goal distance show up on the screen, and if I stopped running on that treadmill and switched to another, my end distance would only read half of my total run.... which wouldn't give me that sense of accomplishment that I look forward to! So obviously, I stuck it out. 

Final Score:  Cassie -1
                    Bored Gym Workers - 0

Sorry guys, maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. I used to run at that place too. Sometimes the movie choices are ridiculous! I never thought of it being a sick joke by the workers- that is totally what they are doing! I am glad you stuck it out- you are stronger than I am!

    ReplyDelete