Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gobble Gobble Gobble

Since we're only 10 days away from Christmas, I figure I better get my Thanksgiving post in! We have been so busy this past month with Emmett growing and changing every single day. We've also been decorating, Christmas shopping, mailing out our cards (comment with your address if you haven't got one!!), and just enjoying the season in general! It is SUCH a wonderful time of year. It really is magical - beautiful, peaceful, and everybody really is nicer to each other and more charitable. I love it.

...For Thanksgiving we got to journey back up to Rexburg and visit the Ericksons. We had such a fun weekend! The drive was a little bit scary and had me clenching my fists in stress, but we traveled safely thank goodness! As always, Emmett was the star of the day in his cute little Thanksgiving outfit Grandma Roe sent him.
Love that little Turkey butt!


Hanging out with Grandpa Erickson


Jareds sister Emily has a baby (Julia) that is Emmett's exact age (they were due very same day) so it's always fun to get those two together. 
Grandma Erickson with Julia and Emmett

Giving each other the close-up inspection. They were quite fascinated with each other.


We had a delicious dinner, played games, enjoyed each others company, did some Black Friday shopping, and Sherri helped me make Jared, Emmett, and I's Christmas stockings! They are SOO cute that they deserve their own post! So that will be coming.

Notice Emmett (bottom left) joined us for dinner in his bumbo. He doesn't do well with being left out. haha

We ventured out into the snow and fed (or should I say got attacked?) the ducks/wild geese. Emmett wasn't quite sure what to think. One of the little psychos even bit my finger in its frantic fight for the bread crumb. haha.


This time of the year really makes you count all of the wonderful blessings in your life. I am so grateful to have Emmett, who I love more than anything in the world, an incredible husband, and the most amazing family I could ever ask for. I am grateful for the gospel, and the Savior's presence in my life each and every single day.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment