Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Confessional

#8 - I really, really wish my body would just return to it's pre-pregnancy form [without so much work]

This is all I have to say about it.

Dear Former Physique,

Where have you gone? I was hoping for a sooner return, but alas, you are taking a longer vacation than I thought. I miss our old days at the gym enduring grueling workouts, our shoppings trips [where you looked so great in most everything you tried on], and your ability to eat a few treats now and then without sacrificing too much. 
Your temporary replacement is not living up to expectations. It is fickle, deciding to randomly just add back on the 5 pounds that I worked so hard to lose. I have been eating healthy [besides the occassional treat too good to pass up], working out [so my schedule might be a little erratic the past couple months], and still it refuses to accept the memo. It will not surrender. I find my myself catching a sideways glance of my body in the mirror occassionally, stomach relaxed, and am caught off guard at the pooch I thought I had taken care of! I don't want to look pregnant anymore! Even though the replacement may fit in your old clothes, it doesn't come CLOSE to looking as good in them as you did. It is a foreign body being shoved into them, and they were stretched and worn to a different shape.
Will you ever return? Will your nice flat abs ever decide they want to come home again? I would throw them quite the welcome party! Please let me know of your decision asap. And  whatever you do...don't say no.

Thanks,
Me

Do any of you Moms out there ever feel like this still??

4 comments:

  1. It is hard to come to grips with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm delivering my third baby in three weeks and my oldest is barely three years old.... so yes. I miss my old body like CRAZY. I came across some old pictures of Carl and me from right after we got engaged, and I couldn't even believe I was once that skinny.... sigh. I have BIG plans for workouts and healthy eating for 2011.

    ReplyDelete