Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bakerella

My sister Kaity is interning with the City and helps organize the events/recreation. They had a big extravaganza for the 4th, and one of the activities was a bake contest.
I entered a couple different treats to support her. First up were my delicious Malted White Chocolate Kit Kat Cookies. The cookie dough itself has cream cheese and chocolate malt powder, and it is rich and sweet. Then you mix in white chocolate chips, semisweet chips, and pieces of chopped up WHITE Kit Kat bars. The result looks like this

Next up, I made Carmelitas. Mmm they are so good. They have an oat and brown sugar crust on top and bottom, and sandwiched in the middle is an entire jar of caramel sauce, a few chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.


Here I am proudly showing off my creations


Kaity went and snuck a peek at the voting sheet for me to give me an update on the standings. She said my Carmelitas were in first place and my cookies were tied for third! I was totally excited. Then they called everyone over for the announcement of the winners.
I was sitting there just waiting for my name to be called... Third place was announced. Wasn't me. Second place. still wasn't me.  Finally the time came for the grand prize (I was preparing myself to stand...) and NOPE it wasn't me! Can you say ripped off?!? Haha! Kaity says they must've not wanted me to win because I'm her sister and it would looked rigged. Oh well. At least we know who had the most votes. LOL

Oh and want to see what Em did during all this?

Ran around like a crazy man


Rode around on the golf cart (don't worry, we didnt drive with him back there)


and my personal favorite... had a ball with all the balloons

So despite not being recognized for my culinary skills, we still enjoyed ourselves! Next time right?

2 comments:

  1. Those treats do look delicious. You are apparently the person I need to go to when I need recipes for events. I'll be e-mailing you... ;)

    ReplyDelete