Sunday, July 10, 2011

Up up and away

So I just found out from a friends blog that they are building a replica of the house from Up in Herriman, UT! It's going to be added to the Parade of Homes this year (which I was already wanting to check out, but even more so now!)
 Apparently a few brothers that build custom homes had the idea and got special permission from Disney itself.  They made a few changes to make the house modern and livable enough, but basically kept it as true to the movie as possible. There is even the mural of Paradise Falls above the fireplace, and the the one that Ellie painted in the nursery! And of course the Carl & Ellie mailbox.





The house will be for sale and is going to be 399,000. It is a 2800 sq ft, 4 bedroom home. All they need now is to throw in Dug!

You can read more details about it here and here if you'd like.

How fun! I'd love to go see it! Probably another thing I'd have to blackmail Jared into doing with me... haha. Any of you out there want to go with and save me the hassle?

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! That is absolutely fantastic. I love it. But one thing is missing - WHERE ARE THE BALLOONS? ;)

    ReplyDelete