Thursday, October 17, 2013

behind the scenes

On a lighter note... A good conference session wouldn't be complete without delicious food to go with it! We were out of most ingredients, so I had to get creative. Luckily this puff pancake is simple and a crowd pleaser! It grows up the sides of the pan and leaves a big crater in the middle, so in our house we call it a dinosaur footprint. Emmett gets so excited when we turn on the oven light and see how big it's grown.


Add a little fruit preserves and powdered sugar and you're good to go!

Later that evening we made another of Emmett's favorites - "Brownie cupcakes"

These are made with the Ghiradelli mix you can buy at Sam's Club. Heavenly!




Like I said.... one of Emmett's favorite treats


I can't look at these pictures with my mom's favorite Wanda Lindstrom song playing in my head!

"Tiny fingers caked with frosting,
and a wide grinning face,
didnt know what I was in for,
when he asked for a taste

But I'll never forget,
how you were way back when,
cause my heart took a picture then"  <3 p="">


Forgive his red, swollen eyes, poor guy was sick this day


After we stuck our brownies in the oven, we worked on our dinner - Mango Chicken


Are you wondering where Jared and Tate were during all of this?

Wonder no longer.


In Jareds favorite chair of course! Where else? Haha.
This is Jareds "look at this cute baby" face. :)

All in all it was a great, uplifting conference! How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment