Thursday, January 16, 2014

tate 5 months (3.5 months?)

Having a preemie is confusing. It's always hard to know exactly what age to consider them. And Tate is so big, I tend to rule out the fact that he could be 3.5 months - but technically he's somewhere in between the two ages development wise. By any standard he's doing good! That's all that matters right?

I'm way behind on all my posts but have been feeling guilty that poor Tate is getting nothing recorded. I was all over Emmett's first smile, laugh, first walk outside, first poop (okay just kidding but you get the jist). And poor taters over here hasn't been written about since his birth post. Being a mom of two is hard ok?! And by the time they're asleep and I have a minute of free time, blogging requires too much brain power.

Here is a little bit about our Tater tot though:

Can you say HAPPY ?!?!?!

He is the smiliest, happiest baby. EVER. He really is SO easy and I thank my lucky stars every night because we all know I had room for nothing else with Emmett!

He's just a big cuddly teddy bear. He loves to be snuggled and he's so soft and squishy he's the best cuddling partner ever.

Here's some pictures I took of him a few days ago.

I love his big blue eyes. Don't know how we end up with these light eyed boys! Emmett's were light too but were much greener in comparison

 
To me this picture screams my Dad, my sister Kaity, and my brother Caysen. I see all of them in there so much
 

 
 
I realized how glad I am that I documented what Emmett was doing at certain stages because it's a nice guideline to follow/compare. So I need to try and do the same thing with Tate. It may not be interesting for others to read, so don't feel obligated - it's mostly for me :)
 
Things he's doing:
 
  • Talking - mostly cooing. It's funny because I was looking back at Emmett's stats when he was around this age and I wrote a lot about his "angry talk" and "lectures"- which is so funny to me! It brought back the memory of it, and I can remember so clearly what a little firecracker Emmett was. He just had so much spunk. (Emmett had happy talk too, but it's just the fact that he even POSSESSED the attitude- and so young!). Tate doesn't do that angry talk, or delight in shrieking and making "dinosaur noises" the way Emmett did. His is pretty much happy babble.
 
  • Can't remember his exact measurement but I know he was 50th percentile in height and 90th percentile in weight! Haha. A whopping 19 pounds, 7 ounces
 
  • He's starting cereal and stage one baby foods this week. Wahoo!
 
  • Getting a lot better at lifting up for tummy time and starting to pull his knees into crawl position (not bearing weight on them, just pulling them in briefly) . No rolling yet.
 
  • LOVES his big brother. Seriously. He thinks Emmett's the funniest person ever. I even get a little jealous sometimes. He cracks up at whatever crazy thing Em is doing, and whenever I'm scolding Emmett for being too rough with the baby, I get surprised that Tate just belly laughs.
 
  • HOWEVER he already knows when he's "had enough" of brother, and if he's not in the mood he'll get ornery if Emmett even approaches his bubble and cry out in complaint.  It's hilarious/amazing to me to see the interaction/relationship between these two little people.
 
 
  • When Jared comes home from work, he gets really excited and starts kicking his chubby little legs and flailing his arms and breathing really fast/loud
 
We love our little Taters. He's the perfect complement to our family. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment