Saturday, October 10, 2009

Airline Peanuts

I am growing. At a fast rate it seems. I was just mulling over the funny little "quirks" that pregnancy has given me, and I realized that it's really quite humorous (if it's not happening to you, that is). I thought I'd share:
  • I can't eat tomatoes anymore (i think they taste like blood)
  • Onions leave this disgusting, bitter taste in my mouth for 8 hours after I eat them, and therefore I am doomed to continually throw up.
  • Honey Bunches of Oats make me vomit instantaneously! I don't know what it is about them! They even sound appetizing so I've tried to eat them on a few different occassions. Unfortunately it always ends up the same way :-(
  • I can't even smell fish. Jared cooked it one night for dinner, and I paid for it for like the next two days due to lingering smell.
  • I haven't even tried to eat mushrooms, but I know I can't. Just the thought of the texture of them makes me queasy.
  • I have issues if I eat anything in the morning other than toast.
  • Surprisingly for being the huge sweet tooth that I am, I find myself turning my nose up at dessert pretty often. I honestly didn't think it was possible.
  • I loved eating all kinds of nuts when I first got pregnant. I snacked on them all day long. I don't know if I over did it or what, but now if I even look at my leftover can of nuts I feel sick.
Now that I've shared all the things that repulse me, I think the list of things I'm addicted to is just as interesting. lol.
  • SLUSHIES!! I can't get enough of them. It can't be a milkshake (too rich), and it can't be snow cone (too dry). It has to be an authentic Slushie. Sonic has become my new favorite place!
  • I love love love cheese quesadillas. They're so plain, I know they won't make me sick.
  • I crave baked potatoes a lot. Not so much mashed potatoes, or hash browns, or any other form. Just plain baked potato.
  • I love popsicles
  • I have become a big mexican food buff altogether (which is great for Jared, cause he has always been so now he's stoked).
You gotta love pregnancy. It turns you into a crazy person! I was just telling Jared earlier today how I've been wanting to tackle our sink full of dishes, but everytime I get near, I can smell this sponge that's buried somewhere in there, and it sends me running! Consequently, the dishes are still there. And I just sit and stare at them from a distance as if they are some dangerous animal I don't want to approach.

On a brighter note, today I realized that our little peanut is not so much the size of ONE little peanut anymore. He has matured into a full blown PACK of airline peanuts now! In fact, I think he may even be bigger than this. But either way, P sure is growing!

We are busy working, doing school, and researching places to live down in Provo. It's hard because even though it's stressful, I think we're going to have to wait til it gets closer to really find somewhere. All the places I find now are looking for tenants to move in immediately.


As for the growing belly pic here I am! This is about 13 1/2 weeks. I think I have upgraded from a "pooch" to the full spare tire. The joys of motherhood!


2 comments:

  1. Cassie I know I taught you better than that! Send Jared or as I like to call him Jerry AKA the big father of P into the kitchen to do the dishes. The VERY small price he pays while you go through the joys of motherhood! I am happy to see lil P is growing. You look great! No one would ever know you are sick all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to let Jared off the hook! Cassie said he has been a big help and is happy to do his part!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete