Monday, October 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Today is my mom’s birthday. It has made me think about the huge role that mothers play in our lives, even when they don’t even consciously realize they’re doing it. For example, lately I have found myself wanting to do things a certain way simply because it’s how I have watched my mom do it all my life. It’s just been ingrained into me to follow my mom’s lead.

It’s weird how no matter your age, Mom’s always seem to be able to “fix” everything. I still call my mom when there’s something I need taken care of, or if I have some random question. Pregnancy has made me have a new question for my mom almost daily! Whether it’s “I just went for a run, and now I have cramps in my stomach! Do you think everything’s okay?” to “I just read you’re not supposed to have too much vitamin C, what’s that all about?”, mom always seems to have an answer.
Moms are that best friend you call even when you feel like there is no one else. When you’re feeling low they’re guaranteed to make you feel good about yourself or brighten your day. They know you better than anyone else, and always know the right thing to do. They’re the only people that will give you truly honest advice, and the advice that’s best for you because they care about you more than more than anybody else.
I hope that I will be able to be as good of a mom as my mom has always been to us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment