Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside!

Well the unthinkable has happened. Snow fell on my California home!! I almost refuse to believe, but it's hard when I log onto Facebook and my entire newsfeed is flooded with photos and comments about this Christmas miracle. The whole town is going nuts! And with good reason, I have never seen snow in the Sacramento area in my entire life!

 The funny thing is that even though I'm always griping and complaning about the the excess of snow we get here in Idaho, I was dying to be in California to see their few inches! Schools there have been cancelled for the past two days, due to the extreme weather conditions. lol. Even though I laugh, Jared and I both agree that we would not want to be driving around the hills amidst all the the 2-wheel drive Mercedes that have never experienced snow in their existences.

Apparently, even my little dog Rufio had a hay day with the snow. He got bundled up in the cute winter sweater I bought him, and frolicked around in excitement. My mom said he kept rolling all around in it, and every time she brought him back in the house, he would scratch at the door to go back out.


This pictures itself is blog-worthy. It cracks me up! Rufio and Caysen sharing the sled! You can just see the excitement in Rufi's tensed little body! And Cays looks like he's having a blast!

The streets were lined with everyone outside their houses, making snowmen or snow angels, having snowball fights, or sledding. It was one giant party!  I am sad I had to miss out.

It's amazing the joy that a little snowfall can bring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment