Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Party!

It only seemed appropriate to title this post "Thanksgiving Party" because that's exactly what we did. Party. All weekend long.

 It was so fun to have my family up here! I miss them so much, and it's not often that they come to MY neck of the woods. In fact, it was the first time my parents, Caysen, and Kendall have been here since our wedding. It was fun showing them our apartment, taking them to our favorite places to eat, and showing them real snow! I loved that we got to combine and do a big Thanksgiving with the Whittakers AND the Ericksons. It was perfect! Our families have so much fun together!

 The day after Thanksgiving we took the fam up to Island Park to let Caysen do some real sledding. We stopped at Big Springs, and let Cays look at all the huge fish. He loved it. We even saw a little muskrat swimming in the water! It was so cute.


 On the way out of the springs we tied a sled to the back of the car for a little extreme sledding. Caysen, Kendall, Kirsten, and even my dad got to try! What started out as this...



turned into this...!


Don't worry, me and Peanut stayed safe in the trunk of the car and watched. haha.


 Caysen won the award for toughest though, and definitely lasted the longest! He was hilarious! At one point his cheeks were getting super wind burnt, so we had to wrap a scarf around his face, put my sunglasses on him, and pull his beanie down. He was having the time of his life, and even gave a show of no hands!


 Despite all that, when we hit the main road and had to end the sledding, Caysen was mad he couldn't keep going! haha.

Our next stop was Mesa Falls. It was freezing! But the falls looked so cool with all the frozen ice around them!

The holiday really couldn't have gone any better! (except for when Neil, Jareds Dad, tried to teach my sisters about Bunny Bashing.. but thats another story...)


1 comment:

  1. Oh no, bunny bashing is never a good thing to talk about! It looks like you guys had a fun thanksgiving. I love the photos of the "extreme sledding." it makes me want to go sledding again. I haven't been since we left Rexburg.

    ReplyDelete