Saturday, February 13, 2010

Emmett's First Hold

Our little Emmett is officially a month old!! I can hardly believe it! He is looking more and more adorable with every day that passes. Today I noticed his little knees are starting to look chubby, it is the cutest thing!
Just in time for his one month birthday, we finally got to have our first holds! I had been waiting for what seemed like forever to get him in my arms. I am pretty sure that he had been counting down the days as well. When I called the nurse that morning and she told me the Doctor said we could hold him that day, I almost cried I was so happy! I jumped up and showered, got dressed as fast as I could, gathered all the cameras, and hurried Jared out the door.
I can't even explain how it felt to finally have his warm little body next mine. He is so precious, and even opened his eyes to look at me as soon as he was in my arms. My heart felt like it was going to burst; After a painstakingly long month, I was finally reunited with my baby again. All his vitals stabilized, and he seemed perfectly calm and content. It was so amazing to feel that special bond, and know that I was comforting him just as much as he was comforting me.
His oxygen mask is called a Nasal C-PAP, and is a step up
from the ventilator. Go Emmett!

 It was so neat seeing Jared hold him for the first time. As soon as they placed him in his arms, I could tell he was flooded with the same feelings I felt. He kind of chuckled and said "Wow". That's all he needed to say, I knew exactly what he meant.
Now my days revolve around holding him! I love love love having him next to me, and never want to let him go.

5 comments:

  1. i am so in love !!! what a miracle. i am so happy for you all cassie. you all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, little Emmett must be quite the fighter. Wow that must've been so hard waiting, but so good to be able to finally hold him. I'm sure the hard times made it that much more special to have him in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Cass. It is a crazy thing to watch your husband really become a dad isn't it? The feelings of having your baby close to you is just undescribable. I am so excited to you, Jared and Emmitt. Like you said, I am sure he has been waiting as anxciously as you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, I am so glad things are going so well with Emmitt:) I need your address. could you e-mail me that info. Thanks, love ya Aunt Tami
    tamigrams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome Cassie. I'm in tears and I'm at work. Just a little embarrased. Natalie and I are so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete