Sunday, July 18, 2010

Emmett's Baby Quilt

Jared's Mom (and his younger sister Sarah) love sewing and making quilts. I love designing things, but don't exactly have the sewing know-how to make them. So... I decided it would be fun to mastermind a fun Dr. Seuss quilt that would match Emmett's room, and have Sherri and Sarah put it together for me. I went shopping and picked out all the fabrics and how I wanted them arranged, and sent them with Sherri to be assembled.

It was a great team effort and I love the way it turned out!! I picked a variety of fun, soft textures for him to experiment playing with... minkee, fur, flannel, and cotton. And of course lots of bright colors for his eyes to look at!

I think Emmett is just as pleased with it as I am, he loves having playtime on it! Thank you Sherri and Sarah for all your hard work!

                           The whole back is red minkee, you can see it folded over in this shot

Here's a close-up shot of the fabrics so you can see more of the detail

Emmett chillaxin (notice his oxygen is gone? That's right, he doesn't have to wear it during the day anymore!)


 zoomed out to see how big it is

And as planned... it goes with his room PERFECTLY!

2 comments: