Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Proud to be an American

We celebrated the 4th of July with a barbeque at my parents house. We ate lots of yummy food, played on the trampoline, and lit off some fireworks. Here's a picture of the Mud Pie I made for dessert. I made up the recipe myself, and I was so proud with the way it turned out! Oreo crust with delicious layers of fudge, mud pie ice cream, cool whip, peanut butter, vanilla ice cream, and then topped again with cool whip and drizzled with fudge.
Like my patriotic outfit?

I made sure Emmett was dressed for the occassion too, of course.


I've been working on getting my running back since having Emmett, and I thought it would be fun to run a 5K. So in honor of the 4th, Kendall and I did the "Freedom Run" on Monday.We set our alarms for 5am and headed down to pick up our packets.
 It was a ton of fun. There was almost 5000 people there, and the huge group of us stood and said our pledge of allegiance to the flag as it was raised at the starting line. Tons of hot air balloons were in the sky above us, and a guy sang the star spangled banner. The Governor was even there running with us!  Part of our run was along the parade route which was going to take place later that morning. People had already set up their tents and chairs and were camping out early waiting for the parade to start, so we had tons of people standing on the sides of the road cheering us on. We finished strong and were awarded with these lovely finisher medals. Don't we look so official?


PS- I did a few posts at once the other day so make sure you scroll down to see them all :-)

1 comment:

  1. MMM that pie looks sooo good! Our tradition is I make my family favorite Asphalt Pie! Mint ice cream, oreo crust, fudge, carmel, whipped cream. YUM!

    ReplyDelete