Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wednesday Confessional

#7 - I want to own my own bakery someday

Okay, I realize it's Thursday....now. I didn't really know that til this afternoon though. My friend Rachel and I were taking our babies on our daily walks and she was talking about losing track of the days of the week, and I was like "Tell me about it! I can't even keep track of Wednesday to do my Wednesday Confessional!" haha. It's sad, but true. I have embraced the stay-at-home-mom life full force, and am loving it. Me and Emmett have a blast every single day, and consequently all our days of joy just blend together. We bake goodies, watch movies, clean/organize/decorate the house, walk to the grocery store, walk to the library, shop, cook dinner, hang out at the park with friends (I know, he's not old enough to really play at the park yet, but we socialize). We were even invited to a playgroup that we've gone to once so far! Basically... we have the life.

You can see how amidst all that continuous excitement, it can be hard to remember just what day it is.

So for our sake, we're just going to pretend today is Wednesday.

And you're going to go along with it.

Someday I want to own one of those cute bakery/cafes that is decorated totally feminine and antique-ish. Old-fashioned white, curly chairs that are reminiscent of old time ice cream parlors. Crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Lots of oval shaped white frames hanging on the walls. Possibly even sell books in it. That would be the ultimate. Then people will buy my mouth-watering treats, sink into a comfortable chair in the corner, and lose themselves in a book. Basically it would be an embodiment of me - Dessert and books. lol. But really, does it get any better than that?



I've even daydreamed what my decor color scheme would be. White and Tiffany blue with lots of crystal. Can't you just picture it? The glass case lined with pastries and cookies and cupcakes in every color of the rainbow topped with dollops of frosting?... mmmm. My sisters just bought me one of those giant cupcake pans from Williams Sonoma for my birthday, so I'm excited to add that to my repetoire. I can't wait to practice my cake decorating skills on it. I've already got a couple cupcake decorating books on my queue at the library!

Well that's all for tonight, but I will try to be more diligent in my Wednesday posts!  What do you think, would you come to my bakery??

2 comments:

  1. I would totally go to your bakery! I would enjoy reading and eating delicious treats! Enjoy being a stay at home mom to just one babe, it really is so easy and "the LIFE" adding another babe makes it more fun but a lot more busy!

    ReplyDelete