Friday, May 27, 2011

The Help

I just finished the book The Help this morning. Very touching and thought provoking book, almost brought me to tears a couple times. I had a hard time holding it back during the last 15 pages!


 Anyway, my friend Anna posted the trailer on facebook tonight. (Check it out!) I had no idea a movie was even being made of it! Needless to say I can't wait for August! However, I am little skeptical about their casting choice for the main character, Skeeter. They've chosen Emma Stone (and I guess it's hard for me to picture her outside her previous roles in Superbad and Easy A). She just doesn't seem to fit the role to me - physically or personality-wise. Her attitude is much sassier and sarcastic than I perceived Skeeter to be. For those of you who have read it, what do you think? I am not making any judgments yet, I am interested to watch the film and see if wins me over. Definitely an interesting choice though!

If you haven't read the book, I'd highly recommend it!

1 comment: