Friday, January 27, 2012

the shrektacular celebration

I decided Emmett was ready to celebrate his birthday according to the actual day he was born this year (as opposed to the three-month-later date he was due).
He is in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Shrek. As in like we watch one of the four movies daily. Some nights he cries for it when I put him to sleep, and I calm him by telling him "we'll watch in the morning, first thing when you wake up." And sure enough, as soon as he pops out of bed, he's remembers and let's me know!
It was so funny, the obsession started back a couple months ago when it aired on TV. I didn't think he was old enough for any full length movies - mostly he loved Elmo and Bear in the Big Blue House episodes. But he was hooked from the second he started watching, and everytime commercials would come on he would cry and get mad at us thinking we turned it off! It's still the only movie that he'll sit and watch the whole thing!

Which leads me to his 2nd Birthday Party....!

We served waffles in honor of Donkey (And in the mornin, I'm makin waffles!", and worms and Ogre Juice


And played Pin the Tail on Donkey

...And wore Ogre ears

Emmett had a little Shrek smash cake

While we ate mini Shrek-cakes

This face tells you how happy he was when we all sang him Happy Birthday

He wasn't really into doing the whole smash thing this year. My little boy's all grown up! He ate it with his fork :)

(And loved it)

Then he got spoiled with presents from family and friends




I think it's safe to say the party was a success!


2 comments:

  1. Haha I love this! My, how big he is! Which Shrek movie is his favorite? You look gorgeous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw cute! Way to plan a party! He is getting so big! He is looking more like Jared I think.

    ReplyDelete