Wednesday, January 9, 2013

mele kalikimaka

It seems Christmas just keeps getting better and better each year. Part of it is that Emmett's getting older and makes everything more fun, and part if it that the list of things I have to be grateful for just keep growing and growing.

This post is going to be mostly pictures, so get ready for an overload!

We kicked off Christmas a week early with the Ericksons up in Idaho. The granchildren had so much fun baking sugar cookies with Grandma, and having their very own decorating stations. Unfortunately I think I consumed most of them (as usual). Emmett got his fun pegboard from Grandma and lots of Play-doh toys from his cousin Julia.


After returning to Utah, we did our annual tradition of going to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square (isn't it everybodys?)  I love seeing how majestic the grounds look, there's such a special spirit felt there. It was FREEZING, so it's a good thing we all had the scarves and headbands Grandma Whittaker knitted us!


Jared and I also took Emmett to see the Festival of Lights, which we told him was the "North Pole". He loved it!

Finally it was Christmas Sunday, so we dressed in our holiday best! (Jared did too, but someone had to take the photo)



We went and spent the night up at my parents on Christmas Eve with the rest of my family. As you can see I had lots of fun playing with the Christmas lights.


We played Christmas themed "minute to win it" games, which luckily weren't documented on my camera (they got pretty crazy!). We watched lots of Christmas shows, set out our cookies for Santa, and went to bed dreaming of sugar plums... 


Santa brought Emmett a bike and he was so excited!
(Almost as exited as when he saw his Captain American fan in his stocking)



And THEN he opened Gramby's present (a Mater power wheels!!) and all other presents were forgotten...haha. Rufio was a little bent up he only got one gift, so he sat and sulked most the morning.



As you can see I undergo an outfit change, thanks to my stylish new pajamas (which I'm in at this exact moment). I know, time to get dressed right?

Thanks to all our family for making our holiday so special and memorable! We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment