Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the most precious gift

Of all the gifts I received this Christmas, there is one that stands out the most. It's the one that has the most meaning, and the one I'm sure I will cherish for years to come. This one came from Santa, and is something I've been wanting for a long time :)



Everytime I look at it, it brings tears to my eyes. Something inside me is stirred up - because I'd seen this image countless times in my head before I ever laid eyes on this painting.

During the many sleepless nights, as I prayed with all my might before falling asleep, this is the answer I would receive. Emmett was in the best hands possible. His every step, movement, and breath was being watched over. And someday soon, he would be the miraculous perfect, healthy boy I dreamed of.

When the pokes, procedures, and frights were too much to bear - again this image flashed into my mind. "I am with him", I heard.

What makes this painting even more special, is the inscription in the corner. It is a symbol to me that this picture is and always will be for Emmett. As he gets older, it will be a reminder to him of where he   came from, how many obstacles he overcame, and how it was all possible.

I'd love to someday have a giant version of this painting, but this one (as it says) belongs to Emmett.

It touched my heart to read the special note the artist had included with the picture:
"My paintings in many ways record what is most important to me: my feelings and experiences with family and friends along with the spiritual aspects of my life. My hope is that in these images you will find something familar, something which will resonate and remind you of what is most important in your own life."

Indeed it has. I am so grateful for my life's countless blessings. And humbled by the realization that the Lord is truly next to each of us every moment, guiding us by the hand.


1 comment: