Saturday, January 19, 2013

trucks, tools, and tractors, oh my!

Our little bug turned THREE last Saturday. I still can't believe it. It was only fitting to throw him a "truck party" since he worhips anything with an engine. Particularly rescue vehicles lately - firetrucks, police cars, helicopters, ambulances.. they fascinate him. He knew his truck party was coming, and asked me every morning the preceding week if it was here yet :)



I was particularly proud of his birthday cake. His face lit up with excitement when I showed it to him. The trick was getting him to leave it alone until the party started!



His favorite activity is just some good ole fashioned playtime with friends, so we turned on his favorite DVD (Truck Tunes), pulled out his train set and his bin of cars and trucks, and let the boys go wild. I had plans for another favorite pastime of his, play doh, but once the boys were playing with their vehicles - there was no distracting them.


He was overwhelmed by all his fun presents, and didn't know which ones to play with! He cleaned up quite nicely: a web-shooting spiderman glove, silly string, a slinky, a sticky hand, a nerf gun, Cat in the Hat book and stuffed animal, ParaNorman DVD, Lightning McQueen dishes, a chainsaw with googles, a Tonka rescue "copter", and a trampoline!! Talk about a lucky boy!!



I love this picture!

We had a fun game of "Pin the Stop Sign on the Construction Site". There is actually a designated spot it was supposed to go on, but one of the boys covered it.

And then Emmett got to blow out his special cupcake. He just kept spinning in a circle looking at everyone singing to him with the biggest grin on his face. He was beyond happy. It was the cutest thing.

But perhaps the best part of the party, was watching Emmett sneak up and pelt Jared and my Dad with his Silly String :)





The party was a success and Emmett had a blast (which of course was the ultimate goal). Now I just have to come to terms with the fact my baby is another year older.


Sure do love this guy


3 comments:

  1. What a cute party! Well done! I can't believe he's 3, it's crazy how fast these kids grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass you look gorgeous! I can't believe he's three! We need to get our boys together! Also, I'm planning a truck party for Bannock too so I might steal some ideas ;) Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun party Cassie! you are such a wonderful mom! So sad we missed it.

    ReplyDelete