Friday, October 15, 2010

Boog's First Half Birthday!

I think it's safe to say that no one has witnessed the amount of change that I have by the time their baby is 6 months old (Emmetts adjusted age). Physically, mentally, emotionally... my little guy has done a complete 180. Times 5. Then maybe doubled.  See for yourself.

                                          THEN                                                        NOW
Would you ever even guess this was the same baby? I wouldn't!
The first time I looked at him, I didn't think it was possible to ever have more love in my heart than I did at that moment. It was overflowing at full capacity. That being said, it continues to amaze me that I really love him more and more every single day. Look at that smile! It lights up my life, and when he wakes up and sees me and responds by giving me that one-of-a-kind grin, my heart just melts. It's a drug-like state where I am completely overcome and intoxicated by the little bundle I hold in my arms, my head clouded and oblivious to all other things around me. I am aware this sounds somewhat crazy, but I wanted to try to put in words what that "indescribable feeling" really feels like... and that is what came out.
  • Weighed 18 pds, 10 oz at the doctors today
  • Emmett can pretty much sit unassisted now!
  • He loves to spin himself around when he's laying on the floor. I'll look down and he will have scootched himself all the way around so he's facing the opposite direction.
  • Started eating solid baby foods! So far he's had bananas, applesauce, peas, and peaches.
  • He is such a go-er! He loves to be out and about - doing anything. Consequently he has become the best little shopping partner! He loves to be pushed around his stroller in the store and watch everything going on around him. We try and go somewhere everyday to get out of the house, and he is SO good. I can even try on clothes with him!
  • He got a new big boy swing which he loves to be in again (YES!). This one sits more upright and has toys for him to play with on the the tray. In the mornings he loves for me to move the swing in front of the TV and he just chillaxes.
  •  Fills out his 6-9 month clothes already, and is starting to even be able to wear some 12 mos! (with the pant legs cuffed of course. lol)
  • Finally has enough hair to style! Which is lots of fun :-)
  • Is all the sudden starting to look so much older to me! His features are so much more defined, and he's starting to not look so "baby-ish" anymore
  • Watches cause and effect, and mimics the action. He sees me press a toy and turn the music on and then repeats it himself. The other day my sister was waving her hand under this motion sensor halloween decoration to turn it on, and when she stopped he starting sticking his hands under it. haha
Big Boy got his shots and was so tough!

Showing off his Mo

Hard. Core.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! He's so big now! That's crazy how much he's grown! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete