Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wednesday Confessional

#5 - I got my first Provo Library card yesterday, and I'm like a little kid all over again!

Emmett and I are always looking for places to go and things to do during the week. So yesterday we headed over to the library with the stroller and the baby bjorn in tow. It was originally just an idea to pass the time, but I have a feeling our little trips to to the library are quickly going to become a favorite pastime.

I was so excited when I realized I could rent movies, CDs, books on disc, and magazines in addition to books! Since I'm still reading Mockingjay (the last book of the Hunger Games series), I don't need another book yet, but I loaded up on tons of fun/reference books. I got one on Shabby Chic decorating, one on vintage clothing, and a cookbook to try out. I even got some Spanish audio discs because I have always wanted to try to learn... I doubt I'm going to become fluent, but I'm excited to even learn simple phrases!
Then we headed over to the Childrens wing. We picked out some fun big board books for Emmett, and a book of nursery rhymes (Sidenote: Some of those rhymes are SO weird. They don't even make sense. It baffles me that they have made it through  the ages

Take for Example:                                          I Had a Little Hen

I had a little hen, the prettiest I've ever seen,
She washed up the dishes and kept the house clean.
She went to the mill to fetch us some flour,
and always got home in less than an hour.
She baked my bread, she brewed my ale.
She sat by the fire and told a fine tale

 So random. Who is this person that is turning their hen into a slave? Animal Abuse. And it just ends so suddenly... "she sat by the fire and told a fine tale". Whatever haha.
 The childrens movies were really picked over, but I'm hoping I will be able to rent some of the Disney classics for him.
I was as excited as a little kid checking all my books out! And so excited to show all the cool stuff we found to Jared when he got home. I have to admit it still feels pretty important to have my own special card :-)


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you love the library as much as we do. I'm actually at the library right now typing this ha. Chad and I come here probably three times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the provo library. WAY better than the one here in EDH (so so small). Max and I got movies from there all the time.

    ReplyDelete