Saturday, October 9, 2010

Travelin' Fools

I know, I know, I missed this Wednesday's Confessional. I already feel guilty. But the post you're about to read is so amazing you'll forget all about it...
***
Last weekend I took Emmett on his first REAL roadtrip. 10 hours. And Jared didn't even come (Poor guy had to stick around for class and a test). I was so brave!! Luckily I had my mom, my sister Kendall, and my little bro Caysen to help me. Emmett did incredibly well, and had a blast finally meeting my side of the family! I have been wanting to introduce him to his great grandparents for the past 9 months, so I finally bit the bullet and got it in before winter hits.
I am so happy I did because it was really nice being "home". It made me realize how grown up I've become while visiting my grandparents. Their homes hold so many memories, items of my past, and experiences I'll keep with me for the rest of my life. It's been a long time since I've visited their houses, and to return for a visit that was not for myself but for my son, really put things into perspective. I'm not the little grandbaby coming to visit anymore, I'm bringing over their great-grandbaby. It's a funny feeling, I felt more like their peer rather than the grandchild they were watching this trip, and we had a wonderful time.

Warning: Lots of Pictures to come, but I want them all in there for my own memories :-)

Great Grandma Roe

Great Grandpa Roe

Great Grandma Whittaker "Lola Whittaker"

Great Grandpa Whittaker "Lolo Whittaker"

While we were there we visited a Halloween store to get ideas...
...but none of these made the cut, believe it or not. Hahaha. I know, right? [Stay tuned to see the ADORABLE costume that won out for Emmett]

We enjoyed each others company...
Above with Great Grandpa Whittaker and Uncle Caysen, Aunt Kendall, (Great?)Aunt Erin, my cousins Mark, Matthew, and Alyssa, and (Great?)Uncle Todd

...Said Goodbye :-(

  
  ...And had two very tired little boys on the drive home

Thanks to all our family for giving us such a great weekend, and to my Mom, Kendall, and Caysen for putting up with a six month old baby [and his frazzled, sleep deprived mommy] on our first road trip adventure! It was quite the ride (a 6-year-old and a 6-month-old sitting next to eachother for 10+ hours = a little crazy), but we had so much fun!! We love you guys!

PS-I swear my mom was on the trip, but she has a way of hiding from the cameras...

2 comments:

  1. what a fun trip!! from the few pictures I've seen of your little brother, I think Emmett is starting to look a little bit like him :) except, way blonder. very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed you made that drive with a six month old!!! I'm so proud of you! Your grandparents still look the same to me as they did ten years ago! And i can't believe thats mark! he's a giant! I miss you and and all our old times!

    ReplyDelete