Friday, February 11, 2011

Basketball Mania

I'm currently typing to you via my (*our) brand new dell laptop, freshly out of the box. And I'm stoked about it. You should see our old one. It's pathetic really (and it shouldnt be, it's only 2 years old). But obviously we didn't take that great of care of it. The shift key is completely missing (thanks to Emmett). I just press the little stub where the key used to be when I capitalize something. lol. The CD drive is crooked and doesnt play discs. There are scratches on the casing, and last time I tried to print something, the silver plug part of the usb adapter decided it wanted to stay in the port when I removed the cord (and thus jamming it for any future use).

Basically, this new computer has been a long time coming. And it is glorious.

There has been a lot of sports mania going on in our house lately, and I felt it would be an injustice in the record keeping of our life if I didn't include it.

Jared and I went to the BYU vs UNLV game last weekend, and had a blast cheering on "The Jimmer Team". Let's be honest, the screaming masses in the arena don't even realize the rest of the team exists. I felt bad for them when they all ran out onto the court for their introduction. It went like this:  "And now Ladies and Gentleman, what you've all been waiting for.... JIMMMMMMER!" (as a picture of his face flashes onto all four sides of the jumbotron, and the digital word display down on the court is constantly running the word "JIMMER!!!" I almost expected the announcer to add as a hushed, side note "oh yeah, and the rest of the Cougars".

Seriosuly all this hype about him is hilarious. He is the KING of Provo. Someone made an ENORMOUS cut-out of Jimmers face and people were passing it back and forth in the stands. You just see the giant Jimmer head surfing the waves. Cosmo caught a glimspe of it, and came and got it so we were lucky enough to also witness the giant jimmer face run all the way down from the top of the arena to the bottom, where it was then paraded around the basketball court while everyone chanted his name. (You know how everyone always yells "SCORE-BOARD, SCORE-BOARD" in that deep monotone chant? Yeah it's been replaced with "JIM-MER, JIM-MER".

If all of that isn't enough, check out this article written on ESPN. This is what happens when a girl in Provo tries to go against the masses. Rebellion. But really, who does she think she is?

On top of it, Jerry Sloan throwing in the towel for the Jazz has really had Jared in a tizzy. Last night, as soon as Jared caught word, he went crazy searching every article, opinion, commentary, etc he could find about the situation while simultaneously playing ESPN on the TV. I finally went and layed down with Emmett and ended up falling asleep.

Jared came in around midnight and said "What are you doing? Get out here and watch something with me." Then he followed it up with "I just want a little Cassie time."

I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed and was like "oh, I'm so glad to know it's Cassie time now that it's midnight and I can't keep my eyes open. Because from 10:30 until now it's been 'Jerry' time."

Jared just laughed and acknowledged he "got a little carried away".

Story of my life. LoL

*Update: Jared just read my post and feels it was unfair that I forgot to mention he was at school from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm that day. And that he was "distraught" and that he "feels like his childhood dog just died". So take that into account as you form your opinion of this post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment