Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top 10

So after having my parents big house to myself for the past week, I've mentally compiled a list of all the things I will miss when I return home to our little apartment.

1.) TiVo - I have been LOVING having this feature. I record all the shows/movies Jared doesn't want to watch with me, and then watch them during the day while he's at school. Parfait!
2,) Knowing no one is going to knock on the door for me (and therefore feeling no pressure to get showered and dressed in the morning)
3.) Not having to walk my trash to the dumpster across the parking lot all the time
4.) Running outside (not scared of the rapist on the River trail) and having lots of hills - Provo is so flat
5.) Having a dog to go on runs with, and to entertain Emmett
6.) Having my sister Kendall's closet to choose from. Shhh! (But really I should say closets, no lie. This girl has run of the basement and has seperate closets for her everyday clothes, her shoes, and her winter clothes.) ...And to think me and Jared have to share our dinky less-than-full-size closet. haha.
7.) Not being in my own home = zero need to do my daily household chores. It gives me an excuse to lounge all day guilt free!
8.) Going out about town and not having to worry about what I look like because I know I won't run into anyone I know
9.) The high pressure water squirter at the kitchen sink that makes doing dishes a breeze
10.) Turning on the fireplace with the flick of a switch while it's snowing outside.

My only concern is Emmett (and me) getting too used to this luxuriously large house and feeling cooped up in our little apartment when we go home!

1 comment:

  1. This just makes me so anxious for the day that school is done (forever!) and Sean has a career and I can have a house like that to be home in alllll day! Don't you sometimes wish you could skip ahead a few years? and yet not miss any of your kids growing up time? One day.... and maybe we can have houses close to each other!

    ReplyDelete