Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank You Napoleon

This morning I had to take Emmett in for another round of shots. The appointment happened to be scheduled right when it was time for him to go down for a nap, so he was sleepy and irritable already. I felt like such a bad mom forcing him to get dressed and get buckled in his carseat (not to mention get stuck with needles) when he kept rubbing his tired, red eyes. I promised him I'd give him a special surprise for being such a good boy.

He was so sad when they gave him his shots (I think the tiredness exacerbated it), that I left feeling like I was in need of a good treat too. Fortunately, his Pediatrician is located right next to Kneaders Bakery- one of my favorite places ever! I quickly decided this was definitely a Kneaders day.

Everytime I go, I stare into the dispay case longingly at the Napoleon, but it's not Jared's type of dessert so we end up getting something else we both enjoy and share it. Look at this picture and you'll see what I mean


Layers of flaky crust filled with cream. It is the perfect consistency for Emmett to share too! So we ordered one to go and went home.

Emmett got his promised surprise...



And turns out we found the cure for "post-vaccines-sad-baby" syndrome!



After filling that cute little belly with a few bites of tasty Napoleon, Em finally drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Ahhh, my gratitude Napoleon, for making a happy baby AND mommy.

1 comment:

  1. He knows what's good! His Aunt Kirsten has given him a taste of the finer foods in life! haha! He is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete