Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life of Late

Life with an (almost) one year old is crazy! It's so much fun, and Emmett has really become so much more interactive, and funny and MOBILE. Which means it has also become so much work. haha. He is into EVERYTHING. And I still feel like that's an understatement. Kitchen cupboards, drawers, laundry closet, bathroom cabinets, bookshelves, air vents, trash cans (don't worry I keep him away from that one, but he still tries). He will pull out every DVD in the media center and by the time I've got them put back in, he's got out all the books. He's constantly pinching and slamming his fingers in drawers and cabinets if I turn my back for ONE second. I don't know how he does it so fast! He is a little ball of energy, always going at full speed. Don't leave your phone unattended around him either...his favorite thing to do is randomly dial or text message people in your phone book. lol.

Jared went to Mexico on a Study Abroad Service trip for Engineering at the end of of March. He was gone for 9 days, the longest we've been apart since we've been married! Luckily I had lots of family around to help, and I went to my parents about midway through. It is hard being a single mom! I don't know how they do it. There's NEVER a break, never someone to relieve you. It's exhausting. And now that Jared is finally home, he's behind in school from missing so many days. So he goes to school early in the morning and stays til 8pm. He even went on Saturday. So pretty much I'm ready for school to be over. And ready to have my spouse back!

Today was a much needed break, and the two of us were able to just relax and watch conference. It was the most time we've spent together since he's been home I think! There were so many good messages, I loved all the talks on families, spouses, and children. It just felt like they were speaking straight to us sometimes.

It's down to crunch time for Emmett's birthday party next weekend! So I will occupy myself this week deciding what exactly to do for the cake (a few different ideas are being considered), and finishing decor projects. Don't worry, pictures will come!

Goodnight Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment