Wednesday, July 17, 2013

bon anniversaire a mon ami

A couple weeks ago we celebrated Jared's 27th birthday. I know such a baby, right? I always love to remind him I'm SO much older (a full 8 months) ;) We had only been down in Arizona for a couple weeks, so we didn't really know many people to celebrate with, but we still made sure to party!

I baked a Vanilla Tres Leches cake for his big day which ended up being a little more involved than I anticipated, but turned out soo good! Emmett and I surprised him with it when he got home from work, and I'm not sure who was actually more excited - Jared or Emmett!


See that gorgeous watch he's sporting? That was his birthday present from Emmett and I!


Emmett had been patiently waiting all day to eat the cake we slaved over.  And was just as excited as could be to help blow out the candles.



Project Tres Leche (Pronounced in a Puss in Boots accent) was a success! 

A couple friends informed us off all the restaurants around us that provide FREE dinner on your birthday! So we MAY have hit up not one, but TWO of them! (Next day's work lunch for Jared!!) haha. We're all about free things!

I'm so grateful for Jared and all he does for our family. I feel lucky to embark on all life's adventures with my best friend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment