Wednesday, July 17, 2013

our first visitors!

Okay I'm way behind on my blogging... but who are kidding?? I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I can't even keep up with my house. More truthfully, I can't even keep up with my KITCHEN. Or my toddler for that matter.

BUT I don't think it's going to get any easier in the coming weeks so I better catch up! We were so lucky to have my Mom and little brother Caysen visit for a week and check out our new home. Emmett LOOOOVES his Uncle Caysen and was in seventh heaven every day.


It was already heating up outside so it was hard to do a lot, but we managed to squeeze in some fun things!

We went and saw the temple (which Caysen wasn't thrilled about haha). "Its VACATION, isn't there something better to do than the TEMPLE?" Gotta love kids minds! He was a trooper and braved the 108 degree heat to check it out though.



 I also got to paint the dark red wall in our place that bothered me everytime I looked at it! What started out looking out like this...


Went through a transformation to this



The rest of our walls are kind of an apricot shade, and I painted the accent wall a light blue-grey shade. Now it has a much lighter, airy-er, coastal feel. I've already painted a large frame for the wall white, and I plan to eventually give the desk a fresh coat of white paint as well. Someday I'll update a complete picture of the office/loft.

They tried to catch fish in the lake by our house. Unsuccessful... maybe we need some fishing poles??

They got to watch one of Emmett's Pee Wee PE classes (so funny!)


and of course we spent lots of time at the pool!

We also went to the Phoenix Zoo which was really cool! I got season passes so I'm excited to go back again and again. It's so big there are whole areas we didn't even make it to (and we even did a little tram tour).


Okay, this animal (which I don't remember the name of... something from Africa) can supposedly detect movement with their peripheral vision up to 3 miles away. 3 MILES!! How crazy it that?! I can't even SEE for three miles, let alone tell you if something is moving. That's basically super power status.


We petted AND fed the stringrays! Not going to lie, it was a little bit scary! They had these little sardines frozen and chopped and half, and you had to hold them deep down in the water UNDER the stingray (their mouths are on the bottom). Then it swam up to you and sucked it up like a vacuum!

And here's me in all my pregnant glory posing with the giraffes.... I DO exist! Even though I spend most of my time hiding behind the camera these days.

I was so sad the day my mom and Caysen left! There really is nothing like family. It breaks my heart when Emmett tells me he wants to go over to their house (which is like every other day).
 Thank goodness this baby is coming soon so we'll be getting lots more visitors!!! Next on the roster Kaity and Kirsten are coming out (in a couple weeks) and are going to throw me my first official baby shower! Woot woot! (Fingers crossed!)

Thanks for coming out guys, we love you so much and miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment