Wednesday, September 15, 2010

5 months

My little man is 5 months old today! (That's 8 months for those of you who are counting from his actual birth date). SO hard believe it has really been eight months! Really?!
I haven't done an update since 3 1/2 months, but I wanted to get them on an even schedule so I held out til 5. He's changed and grown so much  in that little amount of time. He now weighs 17 pounds, 14 ounces! He is in the fun, adorable, chunky, playful, happy (most of this time), perfect baby stage. I just want him to stay like this forever!!

  • Everytime he sees you his face lights up with a smile.
  • Still has blue eyes and light hair - I think they're here to stay!
  • He loves to laugh, and if Jared and I are telling a funny story to each other and cracking up - he always joins in laughing like he understands. lol.
  • He can sit up by himself for little bits at a time
  • He has rolling over from his tummy to his back down, but still working out the kinks from back to tummy (he can't quite get that arm out of the way yet)
  • LOVES his stroller now that he rides in it like a big boy. We could spend all day out walking and he'd be content...and a lot of times we do.
  • Likes to hang out in his exersaucer, but usually for only 10 minute increments. By that time he has worked himself up into a pretty bad mood that he can't pull off the toys that are attached to the tray and stick them in his mouth. The other day I "grounded" him from one of the toys that makes him especially angry and took it off the tray before I stuck him in. He spent the ten minutes sticking his hands into the empty hole and screaming in anger and confusion. HAHA. So sad.... and yet so funny and the same time!
  • I call him my "Sous Chef". He loves sitting up on the kitchen counter in his bumbo and watching while I cook. He gives his opinions, and sometimes gets lucky and gets to hold the spoon or spatula for me.
  • He is the most opinionated, demanding 5 month old I've ever seen in my life. He literally knows exactly what he wants, and already throws tantrums if he doesn't get it. I'm not exaggerating. It's hilarious.
  • Started eating "solids". Eating Oatmeal cereal for now, and will get Stage 1 baby foods in about a week! 
  • Likes to lay and watch the Playhouse Disney shows in the morning when we get up
  • Still talks ALL the time. Usually fits into two categories: excited squeals, shrieks, babble, and giggles while he kicks his feet and throws out his arms out OR angry sounding babble or screams, frustrated lectures, and accompanying mad facial expressions.
  • Can do detailed tasks with his hands now such as spin things, sometimes flips pages, occasionally presses the buttons on his interactive toys etc.
  • Always sucking his thumb
  • Not so interested in his swing anymore (sad day for Mom), and decided he doesn't want to be patient anymore during my showers.
  • Somehow has learned to associate me with play and Dad with sleep because I can barely get him to nap for me during the day, but he ONLY sleeps when Dad babysits. It can be a bit of a problem. Especially when I come home at 9pm and find out he's been asleep for the past 3 hours
  • Little cuddlebug - always wants to be in mommy's arms (which occasionally can be a bit trying, but most of the time is wonderful!)
  • Digs his toes into the carpet and scootches himself forward (tiny amounts) while laying on his tummy.
  • Still loves his baths, and always cracks up when I clean his cheeks and chin with the washcloth

2 comments:

  1. 17 pounds!! that's great! My little niece Juliette is in that same baby stage :) so cute and cuddly! and your baby looks way cuddly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable!! We need to get together soon so I can meet this little guy.

    ReplyDelete