Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Confessional

#3 - I Love Yard Sales (and other good second hand deals i.e. Craigslist, KSL)

I love getting good deals!! It's so fulfulling to me! Bargain hunting, no matter the place, knowing that I got something really nice that everyone else paid five times the price for. I just bought Emmett a practically new, beautiful Britax convertible carseat for $65 on KSL! I am so stoked about it! Those things can be anywhere from $200-$300! He has started trying it out already, and he feels pretty good about himself sitting up like a big boy!

I also love thrift stores and yard sales because I love finding one of a kind items. Rare, vintage items that are unique and have character. Ones that no one else could ever copy or imitate because there's no other ones for sale out there. Last weekend I hit up a book sale from a retiring elementary school teacher who was clearing out her collection of childrens books. I picked up this loot for $4 for everything! Lots of them are brand new condition (and my sister whos going into elem. ed helped me pick out the good ones they've talked about in class).

And to my surprise... turns out the booksale was also a Yard Sale of other items! Imagine my excitement when I found this totally cool antique lamp for $5!

The pictures don't really do it justice, but I love the detailed parts on the top and bottom! I might switch out the lamp shade, that huge 70's shade is slightly ghetto fabulous. But at the same time it has character.
The best part? You can choose to light up just the bottom, crystal part of the lamp, just the top, or both at the same time! Genuis! Do they still make lamps like this? haha. All I know is I have a new reading lamp!

Oh and if you haven't watched the videos yet from my last post, go there now - you won't regret it!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! That lamp is hot haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you, I LOVE second hand finds!! I won't ever buy books for my kids now anywhere but garage sales, you can find brandnew books for cheap!!

    ReplyDelete