Friday, September 10, 2010

Emmett's Blessing

August 29th was a very special day for our family. We finally had a chance to bless Emmett in sacrament. It was also the first time he'd ever attended church!

~The Outfit~


~Church~


~The Breakfast~
Our spread included Cinnamon Rolls, Sour Cream Blueberry muffins, Zucchini Bread, 2 different types of Quiche, and Fruit. YUM!

~Family~
Emmett with both his Grandpas                         Me and my little stud                         4 Generations of Erickson Men!
Our Erickson Family                                                                             Our Whittaker Family

* Great Grandma Erickson and Great Grandma and Grandpa Flamm were also there, but I didn't have them in any pictures :-(

I've always known what a special, strong spirit Emmett is, and I couldn't help but tear up with joy over all the wonderful blessings he has in store. The bishop said it well when he stood up after the blessing and said, "All babies are miracles, but this one especially - and he let us know he was alive and strong today" (Emmett let out a few good screams during the blessing of course).
We felt so blessed to have our loving, supportive families there to share the special day with us. It is one we will cherish forever.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness he is adorable! I love that little outfit of his and you are the cutest mom! You're making me soo excited for my little guy to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a miracle and looks so cute in his outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad we missed it. We left a couple of days before it happened. He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete