Sunday, November 11, 2012

novemberrrrr

November is usually pretty cold, but this one has been unique! We had a giant snowstorm Friday and Saturday, and Emmett loved every single second of it. He is still reveling in the aftermath actually.

I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings. I always love the beauty and peace of the first snowfall. The way the the world is quiet and everything is bathed in clean, powdery white.  I always feel like I've been transported into a Christmas movie.  BUT.. its not Christmas yet! The problem is after like one month,  I'm done with it and ready for spring. So the fact that it hit early this year makes me a little nervous. Am I going to be sick of it by the time Christmas rolls around?

Regardless, I am more excited about it than usual because Emmett's joy over the "no" (snow) is infectious. Plus he looks adorable bundled up in his winter coat and light-up Lightning McQueen snow boots. We've already built our first snowman, shoveled our walks (which he probably loved even more than the snowman), and I can't wait to take him sledding for the first time! Having our own yard full of snow is going to be a winter wonderland for him.

Don't mind the tag on his coat, he was too excited to even let me cut it off!

Speaking our our house, I decided it was meant for the snow. It was cute in summer, but I feel like a rooftop of snow and white topped bushes are the perfect look for this cozy little cottage.



Don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Cass, your house IS adorable. I love it, makes me long for one of my own! Although, I'm not sure how I feel about the snow ;) We'll have to come visit because I'm sure Bannock would looooove all that.

    ReplyDelete