Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dear Treadmill,

I don't know how to say this... but I think we need to take a break. I have found someone new. Someone more fulfilling.  Let's be honest, we both knew what this relationship was from the start. Did you ever really believe it would last through the summer?

My heart now belongs to the River trail. It gives me so much more: warm sunshine on my shoulders, a cool spring breeze, the relaxing sound of the running water and chirping birds, the camaraderie of fellow runners, bikers, and walkers, the gorgeous green of the grass and trees, and the occasional woodpecker in the tree.

I will admit there are things I will miss about you. My legs definitely miss the extra backward propulsion, and are considerably more sore without you. Sometimes I find myself longing for the movie screen in front of you, which helped me pass so many hours.

But don't be too heartbroken. When my summer fling is over, I will once again return to your arms (if you'll have me). I just feel the need for some space, but will always love you.

And keep in mind... it's not you, it's me.

Yours truly,
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Kiss that treadmill goodbye. Aren't summers wonderful.

    ReplyDelete