Wednesday, May 19, 2010

These Boots are Made for Walkin

Jared started a new job a few weeks ago for the Department of Natural Resources. To celebrate the occassion, his Dad took him to Cabela's (where they spent FIVE hours, no lie), and bought him a new pair of work boots. They are top of the line, and Jared is pretty stoked about them. Actually, that's an understatement.
I  came home one day to find my blow dryer plugged in, in the middle of the living room. Confused, I asked, "Jared, do you know why my blow dryer's out here?"
He replied, "Oh yea, I was waterproofing my boots", an air of pride evident on his face.
That night he wore them all around the house "breaking them in" (to give you a visual: Jared in his basketball shorts, with his red and white high school football socks, topped off with his boots), and we even went and visited my sisters at work (and made sure to show off the new kicks). I had to refuse the boots joining us in bed.
He officially broke them in that weekend when we hiked the "Y". He kept informing me that his boots were "hugging the mountain". Good thing.
So Jared.... here's to you and those stellar boots of yours.


3 comments:

  1. That cracks me up!! My husband is the -exact- same way :) I love their weird particulars. Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I can just see Jared's little smirk of pride. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Congratulations, Jared! :)

    ReplyDelete