Monday, September 5, 2011

snippets of summer

I was browsing through my camera today and noticed there were all kinds of important/adorable shots that I've never posted. Some of them are a few months old, but I'm just going to do a good ol' mish mash post and share them all anyway.

Jared's 25th Birthday (Back in June)

What kind of wife forgets to post about her husbands birthday?? Anyways, it was great and the cake batter pie I made turned out delish.
 



Taking Emmett to participate in the 4th of July Children's Parade



Emmett's new Boots with the Fur that he makes me put on allll the time (even though they were purchased for winter)
Like Father, Like Son
 (Remember this post about Jared?!)

*A funny little anecdote I have to add about these boots:
Emmett was sitting in the front of the shopping cart, helping me shop, when I came across these boots. I asked him if he liked them. He responded by sticking his foot straight up in the air, whimpering for me to put it on. When I did - he smiled really big, kept holding his foot up to look at it, started laughing, then proceeded to reach next to him for his sandal (the shoe he was wearing)... and chucked it out of the cart. LOL. He had made his decision.



Emmett at his usual post on the counter being my Sous Chef

I'm not sure how much raw brownie batter babies are allowed to ingest...but let's just say Emmett got his fair share. I didn't hear any complaints coming from him!



Joe Cool out for a Sunday Drive



Found the Sombrero Jared brought back from his Mexico trip and came running into the room all of the sudden wearing it (and one flip flop to boot!)



Decided he wanted to sit in one of his toy boxes one day



And one morning I had the carseat in house. I looked over at Emmett and discovered he had kicked back in it and was watching his morning television.


And last but not least, a cute baby on a summer day taking the time to smell the flowers

We are really going to miss summer!! Looking back over these summer pictures made me realize that in these past few months Emmett has really changed from a baby to a little boy (I'll be posting some recent pictures soon!). In typical mom fashion, it made me want to cry! Why do they have to grow so fast?!? Slow down and stay my little Peanut forever <3

No comments:

Post a Comment